JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. With 2016 annual fee revenue of $5.8 billion, JLL operates in 70 countries from more than 1, locations worldwide. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services to a property portfolio of 3.0 billion square feet.
The Controller - Americas Corporate Solutions (CS) will be responsible for the accounting and financial reporting activities, governance and compliance, policy, and internal client relations for the Americas region, reporting directly to the Americas Chief Accounting Officer, with a matrix to the Global Corporate Solutions Controller.
- Oversee and maintain accounting and financialreporting function for Americas CS business, incuding monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes
- Revenue recognition process standardization and oversight/approval, including ASC 606 implementation
- Oversee and maintain an internal control environment compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements; assist in resolution of any accounting and internal control issues
- Execute the Client & Corporate Finance shared service and productivity strategy
- Provide merger and acquisition due diligence and advisory support
- Coordinate with regional and global finance teams
- Direct the internal and external audit process
- Management of the CS controllership team, including the following directreports:
- Director - Client Accounting Oversight
- Accounting Manager – Americas Corporate Solutions
LEADERSHIP | TEAM MANAGEMENT (30%)
- Establish and maintain relationships within Finance leadership team
- Strategic thought leader; keenly focused on finance governance and oversight and partnering with leadership to drive growth
- Provide job and career guidance to direct reports; prepare and communicate performance reviews
- Develop best practices, goals, and feedback to develop each team member
- Actively manage and develop finance and accounting talent for Americas CS Controllership team.
ACCONTING AND AUDTING (50%)
- Lead technical accounting research and policy decisions regionally in coordination with the regional finance team, including support of consolidations and equity method accounting, joint ventures and othercontractual arrangements, revenue recognition (including rollout of ASC 606), compensation arrangements, leases and currency translation.
- Participate in structuring of complex transactions and other special projects.
- Actively follow the FASB’s issuances of Exposure Drafts for new US GAAP accounting standards, in order to assist in leading the company’s efforts in (a) writing comment letters to the FASB to participate in the standard-setting process, and (b) planning for the impact of the changes on the company’s policies, processes, systems and financial statements.
- Business partner for accounting impact of contractlanguage and modeling (IFM, PDS, IPS, and Technology Solutions)
- Partner with Americas Finance, Tax, and Legal to manage relationships for Corporate Solutions.
- Coordinate risk management and analysis, ensuring compliance with S-Ox requirements
- Partner directly with Global Internal Audit and external audit teams
- Lead controller meetings to address accounting concerns, share best practices and initiatives across the region
- Support ERP system updates and enhancements
- Perform periodic and ad-hoc value-added analysis of results against budgets/forecasts and prior year performance
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities to company operations and financial results
- Perform decision-supporting analysis of major company potential initiatives, such as new business lines, pricing strategies and discretional project spend
- Fluent understanding of US GAAP and ability to effectively communicate key issues to finance and business leadership
- Expert in Microsoft EXCEL, Word, and PowerPoint; PeopleSoft a plus
- Excellent in financial process management and best practice influence
- Experience in or familiarity with financial system implementations is a plus
- Ability to track functional trends of the businesses supported and make recommendations to their strategies and annual goals
- Strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy, the ability to build consensus & leadership skills in a collaborative setting
- High comfort level with executive-level professionals
- Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis
- An independent nature with an analytical mindset & multi-tasking skills
- Ability to mentor others
- Executive level with influence and credibility
- Excellent analytical, business intelligence and presentations skills – able to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop/present actionable recommendations.
- Adept at forging strong relationships within a matrix environment; collaborative work style
- Provide opinions & develop creative solutions to complex business issues
- The ability to anticipate business issues & influence managerial attention
- Ability to clearly state the vision of the department and then successfully translate that vision into executable steps
- Construct challenging development plans with stretch tasks and goals
- Ability to lead complex projects, including managing expectations of multiple constituents along the way
- Ability to provide clear sense of direction
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- MBA, preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Demonstrates experience in performing in-depth accounting research and translating that research into analytical, logical, and coherent written communications
- Experience working and communicating within multi-national corporations and/or SEC registrants a plus
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES