Business Development Director
The Director Technical Business Development, located in San Jose will be responsible for management, growth and profitability of a series of target assigned accounts. The position will require the individual to work with design sites, support Business Development teams to achieve the growth objective of the group. This individual will be responsible to grow the relationship with customers at all levels necessary to be able to understand their business to know where and how Flex can add value towards their business objectives. This role requires negotiating contracts and selling supply chain services to our customers. Provide proactive solutions to meet customers’ business needs while increasing Flex revenue.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Use technical knowledge of products and associated development tools to sell our engineering and design services including innovation and supply chain services.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with Design centers. Manufacturing sites and business development teams.
- Provide technical expertise during the pre-sales process by determining customer product needs and translating these needs into new product recommendations and specifications.
- Review customer requirements, identify and communicate potential issues and provide recommendations that will meet both Flex capability and customers’ specifications.
- Identify and communicate existing and potential design issues both internally and externally.
- Coordinate product integration efforts between component suppliers, Flex and the customer.
- Develop and present technical seminars for customers and sales personnel to promote employer's manufacturing capabilities, services, available technologies, manufacturing process and quality.
- Provide best in class complex technical support by answering and closing all customer and program management technical support questions related to manufacturing capabilities including: design, fabrication and assembly abilities.
- Define initial project/product scope and prepare project plans to meet customers’ expectations.
- Work with the Design sites to Prepare detailed project plans by documenting customers’ requirements and incorporating design and manufacturing capabilities in order to meet customers’ expectations.
- May Conduct product tear downs seeking opportunities to help customers improve product designs.
Here is some of what you’ll need:
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree (ME, EE or SE) in a related field or equivalent experience and training. A Master's or MBA degree is preferred. Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of engineering experience and managing a matrixed organization.
- Demonstrates functional, technical and people and/or process management skills as well as customer (external and internal) relationship skills. Demonstrates expertise in multiple areas and industry. Demonstrates proficient knowledge of the function and a thorough understanding of Flextronics and related business.
- Demonstrates detailed expertise in very complex functional/technical area or broad breadth of knowledge in multiple areas; understands the strategic impact of the function across sites.
- performance development, teaching/ leading, mentoring and/or organization development. Instills appropriate behavior in others in support of Flextronics values. Supports strategic direction for the function.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- A Master's or MBA degree is preferred
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers.