The position of Controller will act as the primary manager of accounting for the designated enterprise businesses under the group umbrella of companies. Be engaged with banking relationships, file reports, manage vendors and address AR/AP according to most sustainable strategy. Define parameters for, and ensure compliance with, the integration of corporate accounting systems into one common system; provide guidance and requirements for the structure of ERP system(s) as it pertains to data with financial implications. Perform critical financial analysis of companies, operating segments, cash flows and deliver forecasts and planning recommendations. Oversee outside tax procedures and filing and outside auditors. Support treasury and work closely with any others with treasury functions. Improve and develop additional management reporting including Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), dashboards, and other relevant metrics. Participate in finance and banking related M&A activities.
- Accounting and Finance: Maintain accurate books and financial planning of all designated businesses segments. Advise on financial concerns. Lead team and delegate responsibilities.
- Manage accounting books and reporting.
- Research and record accurate journal entries and ensure well supported account reconciliations.
- Develop use of Microsoft NAV ERP software.
- Create, improve and develop additional management reporting including Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), dashboards and other relevant metrics.
- Treasury: Participate in the management of bank lines.
- Ensure compliance with all lender & debt agreements.
- Provide support and reporting for borrowing base.
- Payment review, check signing and online bank portal approvals.
- Cash Flow Forecast.
- FP&A: Deliver accurate data & information needed to make strategic, operational, and tactical decisions.
- Create and improve reporting.
- Assist in developing short and long term projections and budgets.
- Systems & ERP: Assist and lead initiatives on Microsoft NAV ERP implementation.
- Assist with the planning and integration of 3+ accounting systems into one common system.
- Audit and Tax Support: Coordination and support for external audit and tax filings.
- Leadership and Employee Development: Develop a team to support the organization and prepare the organization for growth. Delegate and follow up on responsibilities.
- Special Projects: Contribute or manage any other special projects as designated by management. Participate in special projects as appropriate.
Qualifications and Essential Functions
- Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; CPA preferred.
- Experience Required: 8 - 12 years of progressive experience in accounting and finance. It is a plus to have worked in steel products or energy or related manufacturing. 5 years of accounting & finance leadership.
- Skills/Abilities: Strong puzzle-solving and logical ability. Ability to communicate professionally, firmly, and resiliently in regards to handling customer, business partner, and banking relationships. Ability to build relationships inside and outside the company and in different countries for the purpose of current and future collaboration. Information Systems (I.T. / I.S.) preferred ERP control and optimization experience, from within finance role, and successful implementation involvement.
- Communication: Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with employees via conversation, email, and presentations.
- Travel: Ability to do occasional travel for face to face interaction with internal and external customers.
- Environmental: Ability to work effectively in an office setting using, but not limited to, filing systems, computer systems, applicable software, lifting items of nominal weight, etc.