Our client, who is the largest provider of toll administration services for the rental car industry. Since they started in 2002, they have processed more than 170 million electronic toll collection transactions with data from both transponder-based and license-plate-based video tolling. Today, through their awesome technology and proprietary services, they handle the tolling interests of more than 1.7 million vehicles and offer the most comprehensive solutions in the industry.
Their culture is fun, casual, and fast-paced. Their offices are bright, collaborative and open. They're growing and expanding to new heights, yet they remain committed to their humble foundation. If you’re a dedicated, open-minded professional with sense of humor, and oodles of integrity then read the nuts and bolts to follow and if sufficiently qualified, we encourage you to throw your hat in the ring!
They are are seeking a talented Controller who is a dedicated, hardworking, open-minded individual with a sense of humor, oodles of integrity, and able to lead their accounting team!
- You will lead their Accounting Department, and manage a staff of 3 to 4 people
- You will hire, train, develop, meet one-on-one frequently to coach and discuss performance
- Establish and implement proper controls and review and revise standard operating procedures
- Prepare, analyze and provide accurate reports of P&L, revenue, costs, balance sheet accounts, cash flow, budgets and capital expenditures
- Responsible for AP/AR, invoicing, vendor payments, expense reimbursements, monthly closing of the books including consolidation, cash flow management, credit card and bank reconciliations, analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts, and merchant reconciliations
- Manages the reporting and oversees the processing of payroll with HR
- Responsibilities for the maintenance of the 401(k) plan
- Analyze the company’s finances, advise and recommend solutions to increase profitability
- Manage risk management policies and insurance policies such as property and casualty, employment practices liability, etc.
- Manage external auditors, ensuring that they have all documents necessary to conduct the audits
- Develop broad working relationships with employees and outside vendors and clients
- Review, negotiate and make recommendation regarding all financial arrangements, agreements, and contracts with other companies
- Provide support on any M&A projects that may arise
- You will deliver positive "day to day" guidance to team members
- Share and work daily with driven, smart, caring people internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum of 5+ years in a controller role, working in fast growing companies
- Tax and International experience a strong plus
- Public Accounting experience is required
- Known for being a strong leader capable improving processes, with strong planning and project management skills
- Experience working in a company with multiple subsidiaries and a consolidation
- Experience selecting and implementing accounting software solutions preferred
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to establish rapport and collaborate with all levels of the company
- Decision maker – collecting facts, discovering issues and dedicated to finding sound solutions
- Super user of Quickbooks and Excel
- Hand on player, willing to roll up your sleeves and get work done
- Strong ability to prioritize, delegate, and follow through on assignments and deliver on-time
- You are an energetic and inspirational leader that creates a positive work environment where teams and team members flourish.
- Excellent time management with the ability to work under pressure and get the job done.
- You have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and writing, and very strong interpersonal skills
- CPA is strongly preferred
They offer you:
- The opportunity to learn from awesome experiences with awesome people in an equally awesome environment, and enjoy yourself in the process…
- Weekly breakfast
- Subsidized commuter benefit
- Medical insurance
- Dental and vision coverage at no cost to the employee
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Tuition Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Corporate gym membership discount