Customer Service Reefer Manager
As the leading ocean transportation carrier in the world, we offer you exciting career opportunities with an international reach to further expand your experience through our diversity-focused and award winning talent development initiatives. Our competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees includes health, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off. Our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry and we continue to look for new ways to invest in our talent through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives. Lastly, as one of the cornerstones of our values, we strive to deliver the right environment for the right people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
Position is tasked with defining targets, priorities and processes for the segment as well as for the Reefer(CUS) team by focusing on building strong and long-term relationships with customers as well as conducting a deep dive of all processes and requirements of the segment. A key role is to proactively establish mutually beneficial cooperation with customers as well as working jointly with all clusters to understand their business needs and in turn implement said requirements. Role is also responsible to set directions for the reefer business as well as coordinate with all stakeholders i.e. terminals, GSC, CGO, LOC, Finance, etc. while incorporating processes for this segment.
- Manages all Customer Service activities pertaining the reefer segment for import, export, Cross trade, documentation, Cold Treatment, temperature changes, etc.
- Coordinates with all stakeholder’s reefer needs i.e. GSC, terminal, Clusters, TNM, Line, Operations etc. - Ensures the consistent delivery in line with reefer Sealand brand
- Drive and build strong relationships with reefer customers - Plan and deploy the understanding of customer’s business for reefer customer service
- Deploys objectives and ensure it’s alignment among the customer service reefer team - Reviews team performance and identifies possible issues to provide better service
- Drivers overall continuous improvement opportunities
- Delivers agreed sales targets based on quote follow-up and assigned internal sales customers ensuring focus on reefer segmentation drivers. Identify cross selling opportunities
- Coach / mentor team to consistently delivery world class customer service.
- Liaise with internal and external service providers (including Sealand LAM offices, GSC’s, terminals, internal/external stakeholders) to provide timely delivery/processing of cargo and related processes including invoicing and financial queries.
- Serve as first point of contact for vendors while ensuring good working relationship with vendors as well as monitor vendor service, report trends to manager
- Maintain certifications as required for new systems and procedures.
- Occasional travel as needed
- Perform other job-related duties as required
We are looking for
College Degree and 5 years industry experience.
At least 5 years of Customer Service experience.
Prior leadership role experience
Strong understanding of transportation industry.
Working knowledge of MS office products and ability to quickly adapt to software.
Can relate to people at all levels of an organization
Strong problem-solving skills
Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentation.
Has a solution / customer focused perspective.
Sense of urgency and prioritizing
Ability to communicate efficiently, quickly and provide precise details for instructions Organizational and time management skills - multi-tasking and prioritizing, planning work activities efficiently to meet deadlines and high-level goals
Good Influencing, Conflict Resolution and Negotiation skills
Drive for Results – Drives for results and success, conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure, persists despite obstacles and opposition
Team player – Works together with others in the business unit to achieve results, fosters teamwork
Ability to prepare effective reports
Ability to quickly adapt to fast changing situations
Proven ability to deliver even under pressure