The Oracle Marketing Cloud Cross-Tech Team builds applications and APIs to better integrate our suites of marketing products: Responsys, Eloqua, Social, and Maxymiser. Our charter is to help each product better meet their customers’ needs by leveraging functionality integrated from other products. The Cross-Tech team is new, and you will have the opportunity to play a key early technical role, as well as career growth for the right candidate. Full-time (W2) with full Oracle benefits. No relocation assistance available and local candidates are encouraged to apply. The Cross-Tech team is located in north Austin and provides our engineers with superior equipment like sit/stand desks, Herman Miller chairs, and MacBook Pros. You can make food and beverage requests for our stocked kitchen, and we enjoy a weekly catered breakfast and lunch. When you need a break from working, we have lounge and recreation options including ping pong, a pool table, and a hiking trail. Responsibilities: - Build and maintain deployment tools/procedures for applications
- Assist developers with scoping new projects
- Support and troubleshooting of staging/production environments
- Creation/deployment of new environments, systems, projects, etc
- First response for alerts
- Capacity planning
- Hardware requests
- Ensure production security standards are followed
- Ensure monitoring is robust and effective - Zero downtime deployments and a high availability mindset Desired Skills:
- Experience working as a DevOps engineer; preferably on web applications or large scale systems
- Self-starter with the ability to work from minimal guidance
- Strong systems architecture skills
- Strong Linux administration
- Strong scripting skills; preferably Bash and Python
- Strong grasp of automation including demonstrated experience
- GIT, Jenkins/Hudson Nice to haves:
- Experience with large scale web applications
- Experience with big data applications
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or a similar language and framework
- Networking: DNS, HAProxy, IP Tables, Firewall
- MySQL and/or OracleDB knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
- Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.