PURPOSE OF JOB:
Position is responsible leading the company’s portfolio evaluation process and strategy. As the first dedicated employee in Business Development, the individual will develop the company’s processes and strategy to evaluate new business opportunities, such as product and company acquisitions, investments, and partnerships (distribution and licensing), that support business initiatives.
Manage the deal evaluation process and activities, due diligence coordination and execution, collaboration within the company. Will participate in integration planning activities, and other activities deemed necessary to analyze, negotiate and complete transactions. Expands company’s reputation as a preferred partner in the ENT sector.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and manages new strategic business opportunities, initiatives, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, alliances and/or joint ventures to make recommendations for new projects to be used for strategic business decisions.
- Develop company’s overarching Business Development strategy that:
- Relies on a rigorous analysis of the market landscape
- Informs make vs. buy decisions
- Identifies therapeutic areas of strategic interest for the company
- Develop processes that enable the strategic portfolio assessment and management
- Identify specific technology, product and company targets consistent with the strategy. Primary focus will be to lead the execution of technology, product and company acquisitions, investments and partnership activities.
- Establish relationships with industry experts to assist in sourcing and assessing innovation.
- Lead landscaping, financial/valuation modeling activities and collaborate with cross functional teams to prepare business cases for new opportunities.
- Assemble, manage and/or oversee due diligence teams, participate in negotiation and execution of deals in support of defined optimal deal structures and negotiation strategies. Support integration planning and report-out activities.
EDUCATION /EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics or related technical area. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in business development, strategic consulting, and / or VC/PE firm within the medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience leading highly strategic landscaping/sourcing of opportunities to inform and test strategic direction for portfolio businesses.
- Proven track record supporting and managing mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, and distribution / licensing transactions.
- Experience leading and managing equity investments.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Proven ability in establishing and fostering partnerships and networks with healthcare community leaders to include professional organizations, trade shows and academic programs.
- In-depth technical and business knowledge of medical devices, pharmaceuticals and/or biotech.
- Market, competitive and technical analysis.
- Strategic fit, deal strategy & alignment skills.
- Financial modeling, analysis and valuation.
- Negotiation, deal-flow management, delegation.
- Position requires domestic travel an average of 30% of the time.
Requisition ID : 1344