RGP is a professional services firm dedicated to providing people and perspectives to solve business challenges. As a provider of high-value, on-demand solutions aimed at our client’s most critical initiatives, we live and work within our clients' countries, cultures and languages, helping local business leaders and their global operating teams attain strategic objectives
With experience across many disciplines including, finance and accounting, information management, human capital, supply chain management, legal and internal audit, we help companies address complex situations on the inside of business. Working alongside the client team, we solve problems, execute, and transfer knowledge. In other words, we help get the internal work done, while building the team's capability to change and operate in brand new ways.
RGP was founded in 1996 within a Big 4 firm and today we are a publicly-traded company (NASDAQ: RECN). Our 3,000+ professionals, from more than 60 practice offices, serve over 2,100 clients in 66 countries. RGP has been recognized on multiple occasions by Forbes as one of the 100 Most Trustworthy Companies. The SoCal Practice supports clients in CA and continues to set the standard in terms of high performance and client service. We specialize in advisory, project based and interim work in the areas of Accounting, Finance, Information Management (IT) and Supply Chain Management.
RGP has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Director of Business Development as part of an expanding, new client acquisition team. The Director of Business Development will manage a critical territory in Southern California. The Director of Business Development will play an instrumental role in growing market revenue through the identification and development of new target clients. This individual will utilize his/her exceptional client relationship and communication skills to set meetings with key decision-makers in targeted clients and must be able to close new business. Required overnight travel less than 2%.
- Identify and prioritize new business revenue opportunities and develop a strategy for closing new business accounts.
- Develop and manage relationships with key referral partners.
- Initiate and attend roughly 40 new business meetings per month.
- Initiate prospecting activities including participation in networking groups and professional organizations, direct email and phone prospecting, and cross-selling existing relationships.
- Leverage RGP consultant and employee networks into new relationships.
- Partner with subject matter experts and client service directors throughout the sales process to shorten the sales cycle and effectively increase new business wins.
- Partner with subject matter experts and client service directors on pitch material, proposals, meeting agendas and follow-up.
- Assist in successful project launch including often attending project kick-off meetings and keeping in touch with clients to ensure satisfactory product delivery.
- Utilize salesforce to track and report activities and pipeline.
- Participate in the team’s “Net New” initiatives such as market visibility events and related internal projects.
- Learn and stay current on RGP’s multi-disciplinary product line including Accounting/Finance, Information Management, Supply Chain, Human Capital, and Legal.
- Work with existing sales and marketing collateral to prepare for new business presentations.
- Manage a pipeline and adjust daily activity to meet forecasted target numbers.
- Attend weekly sales staff meetings & weekly regional staff meetings.
- 5-8+ years of B2B sales/business development experience, preferable selling into senior director or executive level at mid-large sized companies.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year accredited institution is required.
- Experience in client relationship management, identifying opportunities with clients, networking and generating leads.
- Experience with a consultative sales method.
- Experience selling professional services a plus.
- Preference given to candidates with backgrounds in corporate accounting, finance or management consulting.
- Salesforce or similar CRM experience a plus.
- A positive attitude and willing to share in a complex, team oriented sale.
- Ability to respond creatively, quickly and effectively with high energy to clients' needs and issues.
- Ability to negotiate and concisely communicate complex concepts/business issues verbally and in writing to clients, Consultants and management.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities/projects and proven ability to develop business relationships.
- A drive to build the business with a high level of enthusiasm and the capacity to overcome obstacles.