The Executive Assistant will provide support to Aduro’s Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer as well as the Corporate Affairs and HR departments. The position requires political acumen, exceptional communication skills, proven organizational capabilities and extensive administrative experience, preferably in the biotech industry. Responsibilities will include the planning, preparation, and dissemination of information to both internal and external audiences such as employees, investors, advocacy & government organizations and the media. The ideal candidate will have impeccable judgment and excellent time management skills along with a high level of professional discretion.
- Calendar management for the CEO: Schedule and prepare for meetings, including the coordination of conference rooms, catering, and setting up conference calls using audio and web-based meeting technologies.
- Plan all aspects and logistics of domestic/international travel activities for business and scientific conferences/meetings. Prepare detailed itineraries, maintain travel records, and process expense reports.
- Act as liaison for contract processing, AX purchasing system and Concur needs.
- Prepare, format, copy edit, and distribute documents and presentations including checking documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Function as an internal liaison with other Administrators and department team members.
- Perform a variety of routine clerical activities including monitoring and maintaining files, scanning documents, copying, etc.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Human Resources Support
- Coordinate interview scheduling and facilitate a positive candidateexperience.
- Assist in pre-employment workflow processes.
- Create onboardingschedules for new hires’ 1st week.
- Prepare new hire files and packets.
- Maintain careers inbox and triage emails to necessary parties.
- Assists HR Team with ongoing file maintenance and special projects as needed.
Corporate Affairs Support
- Assist in the coordination of company participation in IR conferences, non-deal roadshows, investor bus tours and one-on-one meetings.
- Assist with the preparation and logistics of investor outreach activities including quarterly reporting, analyst meetings, presentations, and teleconferences.
- Assist with outreach and preparation to employees, advocacy organizations, media outlets and government representatives; coordinate meetings and logistics.
- Serve as project coordinator for key department documents and events.
- Maintain corporate calendar and other activity-tracking documents.
- Oversee budget tracking and invoice management.
- Handle special projects as requested.
- BA/BS, preferred.
- 7+ years of experience providing high-quality team administrative support and supporting corporate executives.
- Advanced MS Office skills. Preference given to candidates with very strong PowerPoint skills. Experience with MS Dynamics AX and Concur, a plus.
- Previous multiple calendar management, event coordination, and both domestic and international travel arrangement experience needed.
- Strong editing and grammar skills, including ability to detect and correct errors related to slide formatting, databases, and written documents
- Biotech/pharma knowledge or experience, preferred.
- Positive attitude and proactive approach to help with a strong passion for working in the biopharmaceutical industry to advance therapeutics that treat cancer and other diseases.
- Ability to multi task and shift priorities quickly with an outstanding attention to detail.
- Superior organizational, administrative, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability work well independently and collaboratively.
- Must have high degree of professionalism and ability to work with little or no direction; and be strong team player.
- Willingness to acquire new competencies and accept new challenges.
- Ability to handle sensitive information discreetly and effectively.