The Boeing Company is seeking a (level 4) Facilities Plant Civil Engineer in Renton, WA.
- Leads project teams to develops complex conceptual designs, final designs, cost estimates and provides maintenance support for the civil/structural phases of buildings, equipment installations, utility systems and grounds.
- Reviews civil/structural designs to assess compliance with customer requirements, building codes and applicable regulations by applying knowledge of construction principles, practices, and materials and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Leads teams to develop complex conceptual analysis to determine the cause of asset failures and reduction in asset capacity by using reliability tools and methods (e.g., life cycle analysis, condition based maintenance, root cause failure methodology, mean time between failures, fault tree analysis, etc.).
- Leads others in engineering and facilitating the implementation of complex improvements in asset effectiveness, availability, and maintainability; to specify configuration of new assets in order to support reliability programs.
- Participates on or leads cross-functional teams to integrate the activities of multiple engineering disciplines, technicians, outside consultants and government agencies.
- Leads team to ensure accuracy of drawing archives/libraries.
- Oversees review of contractor redlines.
- Provides oversight to identify errors and documents construction changes to comply with regulatory requirements, facility standards, and record retention requirements.
- Leads in the production or procurement of detailed design documents.
- Uses appropriate resources to produce project drawings, specifications, and permit application packages in accordance with project parameters.
- Coordinates designs.
- Reviews and approves documents.
- Leads in the translation of customer requirements to design options with documents and estimates.
- Identifies appropriate materials, equipment, and services by applying engineering principles and methodology.
- Develops and updates design standards and site-specific operating procedures in order to establish common practices.
- Participates in technical committees.
- Leads the business decision making process by providing input to strategic, short-term, and long-term infrastructure planning; completes studies; analyzes current conditions and future requirements; recommends capital improvements; gathers and analyzes data; and works with both internal and external customers in order to identify and assess alternatives and impacts.
- Leads in translation of customer requirements into conceptual design by analyzing intended use/occupancy and desiredaesthetics, conducting code research, developing preliminary design elements, determining interdisciplinary engineering support requirements, estimating resource costs/requirements, identifying materials, equipment, and services, and developing initial project schedule in order to establish project scope in response to customer requirements.
- Leads in the interpretation and analysis of applicable regulations, standards, codes, and ordinances with respect to project requirements.
- Offers project alternatives in order to assure compliance.
- Provides support, as required, to secure permits.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Supply Chain and Ops
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
• 5 or more years of experience designing civil engineering systems
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Civil or Structural engineering
• Extensive, specialized knowledge of civil/structural engineering theories (e.g., Mohr's Law, virtual work, open trench flow, Bernoulli's Theorem, strength of materials) and methods/formula selection (e.g., seismic analysis, moment distribution, load calculations, statics/dynamics, flow, soils analysis, root cause analysis, indeterminate structural analysis, finite element analysis, hydraulic calculation, asphalt design) for Facilities Plant Civil/Structural Engineering analysis tasks.
Typical Education/ Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is located in Renton, WA and does not offer relocation assistance. Candidates must reside in the area or be willing to relocate at their own expense