A key enabler for Oracle’s sustained growth across all cloud businesses is the infrastructure necessary to support Oracle’s public cloud data centers as well as customer on-premises private cloud deployments. Oracle’s Supply Chain Operations organization is looking for individuals who want to directly participate in the cloud technology revolution and help build, scale and optimize a world-class supply chain.
As an Inventory Program Manager in the Global Planning and Fulfillment team, you are responsible for developing and communicating the inventory strategy, policy, process and metrics that the broader planning team will leverage through their planning activities. You are responsible for coordinating actions across supply chain teams to achieve global inventory performance goals such as inventory turns and excess and obsolete costs. You will lead cross-functional transformation efforts to improve Oracle’s inventory management capabilities. You will report on inventory performance and action plans in leadership forums and operational reviews.
You work in a highly cross-functional and data-driven environment, interacting with teams in the business unit, manufacturing, commodity management, demand planning, logistics, and product lifecycle management. There are new challenges to solve every day, and your analytic, critical thinking, communications, and influencing skills are essential to your success!
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing a global inventory plan in conjunction with Oracle planning, manufacturing, and commodity management teams as well as contract manufacturers and critical component suppliers that that positions the supply chain for flexibility and cost effectiveness
- Governing the operating inventory and excess and obsolete inventory commitment processes with responsible manufacturing and planning teams to achieve global performance targets
- Implementing multi-tier demand-driven materials management processes to achieve lean supply chain operation, in collaboration with internal teams and external partners
- Identifying cost improvement opportunities by leveraging analytic models, and developing recommendations for senior leadership
- Participating in cross-functional projects such as supply chain design, system-based capability development and planning process improvement
- Communicating supply chain performance metrics, forward-looking health and action plans in cross-functional and leadership forums
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Outstanding program management skills
- Ability to collaborate and influence across multiple organizational levels
- An understanding of core supply chain concepts and processes
- Significant experience in operations, finance, supply chain, strategy, and/or consulting with the technology industry
- 4-year bachelor’s degree; advanced degree a plus
- Prior experience with cloud infrastructure business a strong plus
- Experience with an outsourced contract manufacturing supply chain a plus
- Outstanding work ethic and a strong desire to make a positive impact on the successful growth and profitability of Oracle’s cloud business!
Interested candidates should send resumes directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of Oracle's standard employment process, candidates will undergo a complete background check prior to an offer being extended. These background checks are conducted by a professional third party firm at no charge to the applicant and include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check and motor vehicles records (where required for position).
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 5 years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.