Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
You are a talented individual who wants to help us in creating the best digital music customer experience. You want to develop digital music software that is available on a number of websites and platforms worldwide. Amazon Music is also available on Amazon Fire devices, the Android platform, Mac OS X, Windows, Web, and on phones from T-Mobile, Palm, Motorola, HTC, Samsung, etc. Our software is also accessible through our partners: YouTube, Pandora, Last.fm, MySpace, etc. Amazon Music San Francisco also develops software for the Digital Music store on www.amazon.com.
Who You Are
You are highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended. You enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top. You see your mistakes as learning opportunities and continually look for ways to improve yourself, your team and your products.
You understand that not all solutions come easily and don’t shy away from hard work to reach your goals. You are excited about the opportunity to engage in developing a top notch consumer web application and user experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
· 3+ years’ experience developing iOS mobile applications using Objective-C and/or Swift (and some C, C++)
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, and complexity analysis
· Graduate degree in a related technical field
· Ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments
· Analytical and creative design skills and excellent communication skills
· Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
· Passionate about building and improving new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
Job ID: 658905