Manager, Federal Partnerships--Education Policy
SRI’s Federal Partnership team is responsible for SRI’s business development and sales activities and for growing SRI’s contracts and relationships with the federal government. The FP team also identifies and captures new programs in the federal market sector to grow SRI’s research portfolio, drive profitability and deliver world-changing solutions. Our team is growing and seeks to hire a Business Development Manager to grow our education, economic development, innovation, policy analysis, and program evaluation research portfolio in the civilian federal market. This position is part of SRI’s corporate business development team and reports to the Executive Director for Civilian Federal Partnerships. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Federal Partnership team and SRI division staff to identify, track, and position for new opportunities.
Key duties include:
1. Responsible for leading, creating and delivering a pipeline of opportunities for SRI’s policy analysis and research capabilities in: education, economic development, innovation, public policy, and program evaluation.
2. Lead development and execution of SRI overall federal policy business strategy for multiple federal agencies and achieving Institute, market and SRI division bookings quotas, budget and targets as assigned during the annual budgeting process.
3. Manage the SRI Business Development and Bids and Proposals budgets within budget and in a way that efficiently achieves annual bookings quotas.
4. Identify, vet, and track opportunities in the civilian federal market and work collaboratively with SRI’s Principal Investigators to position for successful bids
5. Build and maintain client and partner relationships and leverage those relationships to secure new business
6. Execute client engagement with Program Managers, Senior Leaders, and collaborators as well as support SRI Principal Investigator visits
7. Represent the organization’s overall policy research capabilities at relevant industry and government meetings and conferences and provide feedback on markets and opportunities
8. Support proposal development with win theme generation and red teaming participation
9. Monitor and gather market and competitive intel to stay informed of the federal policy research market and to position SRI for market growth
• Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related education, economic or public policy field. Advanced degree a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development with emphasis in education and public policy research and federal markets
• U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
• Strong understanding of civilian federal government stakeholders including: congress, agencies, industry groups, culture, programs, budgets, and contracting mechanisms as well as demonstrated experience working with and relationships in education and public policy research related agencies
• Experience with customer relationship management and opportunity tracking
• Experience utilizing industry tools such as FedBizOps, GovWin, FedSources, Deltek CRM, etc.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• High degree of professionalism, diplomacy, problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Must have a team focus while maintaining a demonstrated ability to work independently
• Ability to manage a wide variety of complex tasks and projects simultaneously
Auto req ID 1819BR