Whaley Foodservice ? Columbia, SC
About Whaley Foodservice
Whaley Foodservice is one of the largest commercial food equipment service companies in the United States. Whaley operates 15 regional offices in South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Virginia, Alabama and Kentucky and is home tomore than 250 field service technicians, with nearly 400 overall. Our experienced CFESA Certified Technicians respond quickly and arrive with fully-stocked service vehicles to repair and extend the life of our customers' equipment, minimizing downtime as they service commercial cooking, refrigeration, and HVAC equipment. Whaley Foodservice is a division of PT Holdings who operates a variety of commercial food equipment companies across the US, as well as Parts Town, the market-leading distributor of genuine OEM (original equipment manufacturer) foodservice equipment parts. When there's a hiccup in any commercial kitchen, Parts Town is ready to jump in and help with the most in-stock parts on the planet, innovative technology, and an unmatched customer experience. Their customized solutions benefit food equipment service companies, chain restaurants, institutions and independent restaurants.
About the position
As President, you will report to the President, PT Holdings, Field Service Group and will be responsible for the daily operations of the Whaley Foodservice Division of PT Holdings. You will oversee the development of business strategy and development, operational plans, financial goals, and employee engagement for one of the nation's largest commercial kitchen equipment service businesses. The President will build and lead a team that will exemplify our core values of Safety, Integrity, Innovation, Courage, and Passion in order to continue our rapid growth across the Southeast United States. This position is headquartered in our Whaley corporate office in Columbia, SC.
- Create, communicate, and implement the organization's vision, mission, and overall direction. Making sure that the direction is communicated on a level that allows every employee to feel as if they are part of something bigger and that their role is strategically important to the organization. It is important to be a visible leader with an innate skill for forming relationships, building trust, and maintaining open communication within the organization.
- Meet regularly with senior company leadership to make sure decisions the organization needs are well-thought out and timely. The right candidate will use this team to spread ideas and direction throughout the organization until every employee understands their expected role and responsibilities for contribution.
- Oversee the complete operation of the organization in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans and manage an organization of nearly 400 employees.
- Maintain awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards.
- Represent the organization in civic and professional association responsibilities and activities in the local community, the state, and at the national level.
- Collaborate with other strategic leaders within the PT Holdings Service group in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate the divisional structures and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities for individuals.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance. Oversee and approve budgets. Ensure the operating results established in the budget are achieved, expenses are reviewed and controlled, and profits are maximized.
- Proven track record of leadership and business acumen with a record for growth in a similar sized company ($50 million) ideally with a background in a service industry.
- Prior P&L ownership as a President, COO, or VP with a proven track record of responsibility for the total P&L.
- 10+ years of experience in a VP, President, or division general manager with experience in leading a geographically distributed workforce.
- Excellent communication skills, team mentoring, and development experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to find creative solutions in complex situations.