Are you a top-notch DevOps/Release engineer with a few years of experience under your belt who wants a career that marries your professional experience with a worthwhile purpose, like saving our planet? Sure you could work at any of the big names in tech, but don’t you want more out of your career than on-site dry cleaning and sleep pods. Are you ready for a change?
At UGBU, DevOps/Release Engineers are the glue that bring our Engineering products together and delivers them seamlessly to various clients and environments. We are looking for a bright DevOps/Release Engineer to join our Software Platform team, one who can apply Continuous Delivery principles to build a robust deployment platform in order to increase productivity and efficiency across our organization. Challenging our normal practices in the name of improvement will be highly encouraged.
UGBU DevOps team is actively seeking sharp, driven, and talented engineers who enjoy delivering valuable products that make a difference in people's lives.
· 4+ years in DevOps / Release Engineering or equivalent role in fast-paced application development industry
· Technical Consulting and/or Support experience, or Technical Development and/or QA experience with Oracle Utilities solutions preferred
· Programming/scripting languages: Ruby, Bash. Plus: Java, Groovy
· Configuration management: Chef. Plus: Puppet
· Container Platforms: Docker
· Continuous Integration / Deployment tools: Jenkins
· Artifacts repository: Nexus
· Java-based build tools: Maven
· Hands on experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Oracle Database, Enterprise Manager, Weblogic, SOA, Identity Management, Oracle HTTP Server.
· Knowledge of security protocols and SSO integration
· Alerts and Monitoring: Plus: Splunk, Sensu, Pagerduty, ThousandEyes
· Misc: Unix command-line, SQL, Jira. Plus: Systems Engineering experience.
· Doing things manually annoys you, since almost everything should be automated.
· You have the ability to quickly pick up new technologies in a rapidly changing environment.
· Ability to help troubleshoot and triage failed builds and deployments, and provide release governance where necessary.
· You have excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational, and collaboration skills; and your ability to multitask is off the charts.
· Your solutions to technical tasks and challenges are elegant, clean, simple; and implemented with security, stability, scalability, reliability, and quality with the long-term vision in mind.
· Experience with Agile development methodologies.
· You have the ability to identify legitimate risk with respect to build and deployment, where no others may see it.
· Degree in Computer Science preferred.
· Assist in the design and implementation of a secure, reliable, stable, scalable, and extensible deployment platform, building in release governance, alerting, monitoring, and auditing capabilities.
· Push existing tools, process, and workflows towards Continuous Delivery.
· Implement and update deployment tooling to integrate new engineering projects into release process.
· Implement, extend, maintain, support, and administer release and deployment tools/infrastructure.
· Perform operational support for deployment tools, infrastructure, deployed applications, and iteration-based release support in an on-call rotation.
· Create and improve release processes both within Release Engineering and with other teams, automating process with tools where possible.
· Complete assigned Release Engineering quarterly projects, and ad-hoc ticket requests
· Participate in code reviews for deployment tools.
· Assist with deployment tooling migrations to Cloud Infrastructure.
· Automate the delivery of the right code to the right environment at the right time.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.