At Nike, we serve athletes. Fueled by the insights of the world's best, we design and create products to elevate human potential on a global scale. And it's on us, the Global Operations Team (GOT), to help bring this mission to life.
We are a diverse lineup of thousands spread across the globe. Together, we are building a smarter, more connected and automated value chain. And we are looking for world-class talent like you to contribute to this journey.
Nike has embraced big data technologies to enable data-driven decisions. We’re looking to expand our Data Engineering team to keep pace. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work with a variety of talented Nike teammates and be a driving force for building first-class solutions for Nike Technology and its business partners, working on development projects related to supply chain, commerce, consumer behavior and web analytics among others.
- Design and implement data products and features in collaboration with product owners, data analysts, and business partners using Agile / Scrum methodology
- Contribute to overall architecture, frameworks and patterns for processing and storing large data volumes
- Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around high-volume data processing
- Evaluation of technical feasibility or risks and conveying that information to the team
- Translation of backlog items into engineering design and logical units of work
- Profile and analyze data for the purpose of designing scalable solutions
- Define and apply appropriate data acquisition and consumption strategies for given technical scenarios
- Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using tools and languages prevalent in the big data ecosystem
- Build utilities, user defined functions, libraries, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns
- Implement complex automated routines using workflow orchestration tools
- Work with architecture, engineering leads and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implemented, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to
- Anticipate, identify and solve issues concerning data management to improve data quality
- Build and incorporate automated unit tests and participate in integration testing efforts
- Utilize and advance continuous integration and deployment frameworks
- Troubleshoot data issues and perform root cause analysis
- Work across teams to resolve operational & performance issues
The following qualifications and technical skills will position you well for this role:
- MS/BS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in large-scale software development, 2+ years of big dataexperience
- Strong programming experience, Python or Scala preferred
- Experience designing, estimating and executing for complex software projects
- Extensive experience with Hadoop and related processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, Sqoop, etc.
- Experience with RDBMS systems, SQL and SQL Analytical functions
- Experience with workflow orchestration tools like Apache Airflow
- Experience with source code control tools like Github or Bitbucket
- Experience with performance and scalability tuning
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with team members and business stakeholders
- Interest in and ability to quickly pick up new languages, technologies, and frameworks
- Experience in Agile/Scrum application development
The following skills and experience are also relevant to our overall environment, and nice to have:
- Experience with Java
- Experience working in a public cloud environment, particularly AWS
- Experience with cloud warehouse tools like Snowflake
- Experience with messaging/streaming/complex event processing tooling and frameworks such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark Streaming, Flink, Nifi, etc.
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores such as HBase, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience building RESTful API’s to enable data consumption
- Experience with build tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation and automation tools such as Jenkins or Circle CI
- Experience with practices like Continuous Development, Continuous Integration and Automated Testing
These are the characteristics that we strive for in our own work. We would love to hear from candidates who embody the same:
- Desire to work collaboratively with your teammates to come up with the best solution to a problem
- Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results on multiple projects in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and share knowledge with others
Job ID 00404868