Are you interested in building large-scale distributed networking solutions for the cloud? Do you love the idea of working in an environment with the excitement of a start-up, but the financial backing of a Fortune 100 company? You’ll be joining an early-stage, fast-growing venture that offers autonomy and variety. This role offers huge upside potential, high visibility, and fast career growth without the risks of a typical start-up. This is a unique opportunity to work with smart people to solve complex problems in distributed systems, networking, multi-tenant Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), and Software Defined Networking (SDN) operating at massive scale.
Customers want higher availability, more throughput, better security, lower latency, reduced jitter, and lower overall cost. We help Oracle build the best-in-class cloud offering by providing the physical infrastructure and software to test and qualify networking hardware, configuration, design, deployment, and tooling. We build labs and tools to test physical hardware, simulate large-scale networks and designs, and validate production installations are performing. We own top-level network integration testing ensuring our network comes together flawlessly and performs as designed.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer who will lead software architecture and development for major components in the Network Qualification space. You should be comfortable at building complex distributed systems that interact with end users, other systems and services, and physical network infrastructure. Prior experience with Networking is a strongly desired. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn. Your excellent judgment and strong communication skills will be invaluable when defining the roadmap for your areas of ownership.
A great software development engineer will make all the difference for our team, our organization, our product, and our customers. Are you passionate about architecting, designing, developing, and delivering a great product? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and want to be an integral part of a truly great team? Come join us!
· 5+ years of experience in applications development
· 2+ years of experience in developing large scale distributed services / applications
· Expert skills with at least one high level languages such as Java, C#, or C/C++,
· Experience with at least one scripting language such as Python, Ruby or Perl
· Experience with desktop and server operating systems and concurrent programming
· Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
· Excellent judgment to influence product roadmap direction, features, and priorities
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Hardware Engineering or related field
· Prior experience with network and/or datacenter automation
· Experience in development of networking protocols such as TCP/IP
· Experience in development of network security protocols such as TACACS / RADIUS, IPSec
· Masters / PhD degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
Position is location in the Oracle Cloud Dev Center Seattle, Washington.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.