At Regions, the Software Engineer Manager II is responsible for application development for a large or complex department within the company. Manages strategy development to ensure the application portfolio meets current business requirements, is operational, stable, reliable, and is at an appropriate level of technical maturity.
- Manages all aspects of system design, development, deployment, acquisition, and ongoing maintenance for all application systems within area of responsibility
- Serves as the primary technology contact for senior management from all areas of the organization in developing technology solutions that increase the efficiency of internal business functions, resolves business problems, and supports the pursuit of business opportunities for area of responsibility
- Creates and refines operational processes and systems to ensure effective regulatory and audit compliance
- Applies interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify basic lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions
- Evaluates customer and operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrates technical parameters and ensures compatibility of all interfaces
- Supports the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements through management processes
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- Six years relevant experience, of which two years must be in a supervisory or managerial role
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Prior experience in Technology role in banking or financial services industry